Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Avatar: New Beginnings. These are important links that will help you get started on the site. Please read the rules before asking questions on the chatbox. If you have private questions feel free to pm our moderators.

Creation Mod Head Admin Mod Mod Mod Mod
Latest topics
» Eternity's End
Palace Training Ground EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:34 am by Guest

» Pokemon: Locked in Time
Palace Training Ground EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm by Guest

» D.Gray-Man RPG
Palace Training Ground EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:08 pm by Synch

» Mirage!
Palace Training Ground EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:58 pm by Himitsu

» Naruto Saga
Palace Training Ground EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm by Koga Urufu

» Naruto: Shinobi Sensu
Palace Training Ground EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:28 am by Guest

» A really active RP site!
Palace Training Ground EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 pm by Hakai

» Republic City: Thread of Fate
Palace Training Ground EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:22 pm by Guest

» IMAGINERS*, an original fantasy RP
Palace Training Ground EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:45 am by Guest

Monster Hunt

~The world has seen it’s fair share of crazy things....luckily most of those things have vanished over time...well they had. Recently, creatures of legend have started to spring up all across the land. In different parts of the world beasts of legend have once again begun terrorizing the world. For fear of death the people and lords of the areas alike have come together for the purpose pooling their funds to offer large rewards for the creatures....dead or alive. If the so called Hunters have what it takes.

~Okay so heres how it works. If you think you gots what it takes, you are being summoned, called upon, or requested for your expert services. People gots monster problems and they need’em taken care of. You’ll be posting below if you are up for the task, and put in groups. This is how we will determine who goes after which creature. Now wether or not you want to team up for this party is up to you guys, however for the sake of the event we’re gonna ask you determine it from the jump. Meaning No saying, “Yeah lets be friends....” Then turn around and stab someone in da Back. If ya Wanna fight for it, fight for it. We’re gonna focus on the Hunt here ya dig? Oh yeah, and these beasts of legend I mentioned.... They’ll be controlled by your’s truly, friendly staff and volunteers already selected to fairly control the beasts to provide a fun, engaging, and challenging event. And we are selected to control them based on skill, not popularity and it’s for your own good. We’re not trying to end the event in the first encounter with the beast your after, where would the fun in that be right?

Character OTM
Couple OTM
Topic OTM
Staff OTM
Battle OTM

Month: 3

Season: Summer

Full Moon: 30th

Solar Eclipse: 15th

Lunar Eclipse: 1st

Sozin's Comet: 21st November

The World Pandora
Soul Disruptioni
Bleach Society Role-Play

Our Button
Palace Training Ground R2qpn8
Our Scrolling Affiliates

Digital Hazard BBY
PLAGUED
Ultimate Shinobi

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW

This site is not endorsed by Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. The Official Avatar site can be found at http://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/avatar/

Avatar, the Avatar logo, all names and pictures of Avatar characters, and any other Avatar related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Nickelodeon or their respective trademark and copyright holders. Pictures taken from zerochan, photobucket, and google images.

© All Rights Reserved.

Palace Training Ground

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ΩKuan Ti
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
ΩKuan Ti

Palace Training Ground Empty
PostSubject: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:38 pm

[OOC: I’m going to be taking the first bit to explain the environment since I’ll be using it a lot and will make up for it in words used for the training. Also I hope you don’t mind me training as if I’m remembering the techniques, since I am a master level I’ll be training, as If i’m remembering how to do these beginner techniques. <--this is not included in the word count ^^]

The royal palace, to many just a place to be admired and a symbol of the earth kingdom and Ba Sing Se. Where the Earth King Lives and takes care of business, making decisions that effect the entire kingdom and oversees, not just the city but everything in the Kingdom. A place of majesty and one to be viewed from a far. Kuan Ti was their mighty king and from this place of admiration and prestige he did his duty. But sometimes even a king had to let loose. As The king made his way down the elegant and beautiful hallway, full of marble pillars and marble floor with gold, silver and even intricate designs etched into it and banners and portraits, even stone busts of past kings, great victories and some legends of the kingdom covered the walls. Usually, Kuan liked to travel down the halls with an open side, the air and the view was amazing but the sunlight beat these hanging lights and lanterns for sure. As he made his way down the hallway, he turned at a big, very old looking wooden door, puling the iron handle and closing it behind him. Sunlight met his face and it was incredible to be out in the open air again.

This place was a secret, few even knew of that hallway he had been in before. Past kings and a special group that maintained this area were even aware of it’s existence. A special training ground for the royal family, or rather the King and his family. Kuan had decided that with all is stress lately it would be good to refresh himself on old techniques that he was a bit rusty on. As the king he didn’t get much practice or use of his bending much and that was a damn shame. But he had requested the field be set for him today. Before him, stood his field. From the wooden door, there was a small patio covered by a lavish wooden over hang for spectators and resting, full of pillows and places to sit on the floor around low tables, already filled with fruit and drink for the King. There were also scrolls of earth bending techniques for him to brush up on,many very basic techniques while others were secrets to the earth bending kings. Those would wait, for he had to work the dust off his old limbs before becoming anything more then he was. He walked forward, taking off many of his robes and clothes till he was just in his pants, with no shirt and his metal bracers around his arms. Walking down the short stairs of the dark stone patio, his feet hit the sun warmed dirt of the field. The field was about 30 yards wide and went 50 yards back, on all sides were thick tan stone walls, and banners of the past kings, scores in certain bending skills, and earth kingdom insignias everywhere, along with the earth kingdom symbol behind them carved into the walls. There were large boulders scattered along the dirt field and an accessional patch of grass here and there. Even some wooden dummies were set up in random places for practice dummies.

Inhaling deeply, I knew what I was going to do first. A skill that was...elementary but so crucial for an earth bender to know. It was what they built many other attacks and defenses off of. Of course their king should know it, and have perfected it. He spread his legs shoulder width apart, arms by his sides as he closed his eyes. He was feeling the area, becoming one with the earth. it was pivotal for an earth bender to feel well grounded and at one with their element, for if he wanted to bend it to his will, he must first be one with it obviously. Now at one, eyes still closed, he felt the solid earth beneath him, ready for him to use as he deemed. He closed his hands into fists, and bent his knees sightly. Then moving on instinct, he stomped forward, sending up a cloud of dust around his right foot, planted firmly on the ground, even small cracks forming under his foot,then his right hand raised up strongly, and then he stepped back, yanking the right fist in, causing a rock in the distance to respond. A large boulder, was then raised in the air and pulled toward him at a high speed. Eyes still closed, trusting the earth and his bending. He stomped with his left foot, also met with a cloud of dust and cracks as the earth responded. An equally large, if not larger and thicker slab of rock raised form the ground before Kuan, and then bringing his powerful left arm up before him to intercept the incoming boulder, as if to block it with his fore arm, he commanded the slab of earth he had called up. It rose obediently and swiftly to his command and then impact occurred. A thunderous crack and the sound of shattered earth was heard and following was a rain of rocks and pebbles from the impact of the two rocks a s pieces were knocked loose. Kuan immediately followed the impact, dust still in the air and the rain of pebbles had not yet ended when the Earth king made his retaliation on an enemy that did not exist. Stepping forward and stomping his right foot down, and thrusting both his fist forward as if to double punch the slab of earth that still remained, sending it forward as if hit by a train to smash into another boulder some yards away.

Opening his eyes, Kuan Ti looked at the shattered stone around him form the impact and the destruction caused by his shield being forced into another stone. He was pleased. A skill that was invaluable and had save d his life before, and he had not forgotten it in the least. He turned and walked up to the patio, to get some water and consult the scrolls. What would be next for me to refresh myself on this day? He leaned against the strong wooden railing of the patio as he looked over a scroll and pondered uses in battles he would probably never be apart of. A life of a king...is full of important decisions, but battle..something one seldom finds in a thrown room where words are your swords.

Back to top Go down
ΩKuan Ti
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
ΩKuan Ti

PostSubject: Re: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:42 pm

The sun was still hugh in the air and my break had been long enough. I put my goblet of water and the scroll I had been looking through, down on the table, picking a few grapes form the fruit that had been laid out. I walked back down the dark stone patio steps, my feet once again met by the warm and dry earth field. I had picked a technique that many benders know, but one I hadn’t had the pleasure of using in quite some time. The Quicksand technique, hmmm. It had a number of uses, many i had used in the past. But as of late, I found my memory on the technique a little lacking.

I remembered that in the past, I had used motions to make the earth...well looser like sand but also forming clay and at a consistency almost like mud. The users were great. Immobilizing an enemy locomotion, or even a group of enemies, slowing them down, or even making a soft landing by converting the ground into this mice softer landing and allowing the user to sink into the ground much more easily. Now, that was a handy list of uses if I do say so myself. And I do, thus as King, My word is law.

“Oh well, time to see if this old body remembers a thing or two.”

I spoke aloud, knowing no one was listening, it was more for my benefit anyway. I assumed a stance, feet shoulder width apart, and arms at my side in loose fists. I inhaled and exhaled deeply a few times, feeling the earth and readying my body. Then I slide my left foot inward, then out ward, while pushing forward, almost like drawing a backwards ‘C’ on the ground in front of me. As I did, I brought my arms up, in fists, and moved as if I was mimicking the motion with my arms, ending with a firm thrust to the left side and channeling my energy to the earth.

The earth responded, as the firm ground a meter in front of me, and about a meter wide, the ground visibly, although not much, shifted. Turning from a hard and firm earth to almost a liquid composition of clay, mud, and sand. I Looked at it, righting my body. Hmm, looks like the old guys still got some moves. Lets see if it worked completely... I quickly stomped my left foot down, and thrusted my left fist, assuming a stance with my knees bent, right arm bent and fist also pointed along with my left, at a nice sized rock about 3 meters away. Forcing my will through the earth and onto the stone, I began to pull it to me, along the ground. It was on a direct course for me and the quick sand. I yanked with a bit of force so it would move to me on it’s own momentum and right into the quick sand.

It hit the quicksand pool with a slosh, sending some clumps of muddy sand and clay around, but to my pleasure, the stone began to sink. I grinned and placed my hands on my hips. All these Kids could bite me. I may be a king and sit in a palace all day but I was still a damn good bender.

“Ha!”

Back to top Go down
ΩKuan Ti
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
ΩKuan Ti

PostSubject: Re: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Having another easy move under his belt, I think it’s time to try another. All earthbenders would be able to do this next one. But a King, should be the best at it. Or well should at least me able to do it. But it’s been so long...oh well theres no time like the present to do it again. After all if I’ve done it once, I will do it again. Thats what I like to think for all the good things I’ve done anyway. Now it was time for a refresher. Still on the warm dirt filed, my feet on the gourd I could feel the earth calling me. This was gonna be interesting. The plan I had for testing this skill was a bit unorthodox, but it would help me define the ability for sure.

Walking out, further into the sun, and away from where not so long ago I had created a pool of quicksand, I would begin. The next trick I was going to practice was an oldy but for sure a goody. After all, some of the best things were old, like me for example. Standing now, having pasted some of the large boulders, many of them now surrounded me. I was in a little circle of them and other rocks of varying sizes, roughly 30 meters form the patio. The sun was hot now, small beads of sweat were forming on my brow, but I didn’t mind. My old and scarred body didn’t really need to get any tanner but the sun was like a massage of warmth that felt familiar and relieving. I focused on the earth, a connection that was getting easier to make as the practice was awakening my old senses and memories of old bending times. I quickly stomped out into a stance with my left foot, cracking the ground slightly with my power and sending up a small puff of dust. My hands immediately opened in a wide fashion, pointed palms at the ground, and then with a surge of will and power I thrusted my hands up to the sky. The earth around me responded even as I was moving. many large stones, and fist sized stones and even a few boulders were launched high into the air all around me.

Now the real test. I channeled and focused my bending, Looking up at the stones above, as they began to fall back to earth all around me, I closed my hands into fists, all my energy moving there like an ocean with only my fists waiting to unleash it. As the rocks began to fall into arm length distance, I went off. Using a technique to make the rocks shatter at my touch, then forcing my fists through them like rocks punching cardboard, rather then a human hand punching rocks. Each one I hit shattered in a satisfying sound as pebbles and shards of stone rained everywhere around me. I didn’t stop moving, punching every rock that came close enough, and even moving to get some that seemed to be trying to avoid me. I soon stood in a mess of pebbles and bits of rocks, breathing hard and sweating, arms at my sides and looking down, kinda like a boss. Then I slowly moved my right hand out, catching the last, softball size rock like I was meant to. I used the same technique, making the rock crumbed in my hands as I squeezed it to pebbles and bits in my hand.

My work here was done. I rubbed my hands together, getting pieces of stone off and then brushed off my shoulders, these techniques were below me, but a good practice never hurt anyone. I walked slowly, in no rush back to the patio. Sweat on his body felt like it belonged there, although he had not had to sweat much in a long time...to long he thought. Battle...I missed it. Those days I longed for, but sadly were far gone in the past. I popped back down on the pillows, taking an apple and a scroll. I planned to rest a bit, maybe take a nap. I had the day to myself, and as king..didn’t happen very often. I planned to take advantage of this and hone my skills. Never know when they’d come in handy, after all they’d saved my life in the past and not even a kings knows what the future holds.

Back to top Go down
ΩKuan Ti
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
ΩKuan Ti

PostSubject: Re: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Another day, another technique to brush up on. Technically it was the same day. Kuan was just done being lazy. Rising form the cozy area of pillows, having emptied the fruit bowl on the small, low sitting table, he decided it was time to get back to business. He had been resting for nearly an hour now, flipping through scroll after scroll, looking for a technique he knew he hadn’t done in a while. Finally, when the scrolls were failing him, he remembered something. A technique he had picked up long ago, when he was trying to master a much more advanced technique. Sadly, when he had attempted so long ago in his youth, a new technique was born and this was a move that helped him build his name. The legendary arms of the Titan. Many had been crushed beneath it before, and many knew of his skill in the arms of stone, but few had experienced them and dared speak of them again.

As I walked down the steps I adjusted my arm bracers, still bare chested, my over shirt and royal clothes folded on the table, I reached the stairs of the patio. It was time to begin again. I squinted as my bear feet hit the warm even a bit hot ground, and the bright sunlight hit my eyes. I was more accustomed tot eh shade and it would take a second to adjust, but that was alright, a bit of time could help me work out how to do this again. Probably best, I do it in the circle of boulders again I suppose. I walked across much of the field, entering the circle like area, surrounded by boulders once again. Then, it was time for business. I closed my eyes, channeling earth, taking some deep breaths, exhaling slowly. This would be perfect on the first go, no second tries would be needed. I was the king after all. I felt the earth, as she became one with me, feeling the power, just under my feet as my will spilled into her like a goblet overflowing. The will of a King is a strong thing, and it helped make me a powerful bender. The earth was literally putty in my hands whenever I deemed it to be...the very thought would make many mad with the idea.

My eyes snapped open, and I had what was sure a determined look on my face and in my eye, for that was what was going through my mind. My will pouring into the earth in abundance as I fell to a knee, drawing back my right fist, striking the ground before me as my knee hit, and my fist and fore arm plunged into the ground as if I were punching jello. Then the earth began to grow around me, climbing up my arm I smirked, all as it should be then. I yanked my right arm out, a huge clump of earth still attached and forming to my arm, and immediately thrusted my other first into the earth. I was met with the same result, earth forming a perfect, thick mold of my arm. I rose, pulling my arm and a great deal of earth form the ground. My arms now covered in Earth, as it continued to move up and around my arms, and then across my shoulders, the earth connecting behind my neck and rising still. It finally stopped, but not before covering my face in what seemed like a medieval helm almost, but made of earth, solid rock. I moved my arms a bit as the earth halted and became one with me. It felt good to have this familiar, although great, weight back on my shoulders..literally. I unexpectedly lunged to my left, confronting a big boulder like it had just insulted my parents that had left this world for something better. Beating it with my massive stone fists, that didn’t look like they belonged on a small body. Thats saying something for I was bigger then most men alive.

I pounded the boulder until satisfied with the mess of rubble and huge portion now missing form the stone I kept my will on the stone and whirled around, punching with my right and then my left, as quickly as I could. Still moderately quick considering my substantial weight increase. My vision was a bit hindered in this as was my reaction speed, but the power and defense it provided..what more could an earth bender need eh? It’s not like he was a prissy agile airbender amiright? HA. As he punched, in order his right fist and then his left fist were shot form his rock arms, leaving a mess of stone from shoulders down and then normal hands and metal bracer on each arm. The stone mitts continued until they smashed into a boulder on the other side of the circle, 7 meters away. The impact made me smile as I released my will and the stone around me crumbled to the ground. I was now a satisfied king, having regained my pride and joy, and ready to use the Titans arms once more....signing papers? Oh dear a kings job is boring from time to time.

Back to top Go down
ΩKuan Ti
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
ΩKuan Ti

PostSubject: Re: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:16 pm

While still in the circle of boulders, much ruble surrounding him from his recent training Kuan thought it would be the most beneficial to just stay and continue.”I might as well, I am already here aren't I?”, I spoke aloud even though it was only for my benefit and put my hands together in front of my popping my knuckles, stretching a bit after being under the weight of my last technique and the pressure of being a king. All these things they sneak up on you and before you know it, gahh your back is out and your being carried form room to room on a stretcher. That’d just be embarrassing for a King, or any earthbender I’m sure. Our pride is far to great to allow anything like that to happen. I’d bury myself first probably. Anyway, I had a pretty good Idea of what I wanted to do next. A pretty simple one compared to all that I had done here today. This barely required concentration and was more a dazzling display of brute fore, will power and ability.

Reaching into the earth with my will, I stomped into my stance, my power and strength so great I cracked the earth a bit, which wasn’t out of the norm for me, as I punched my fists together, some loose stone on my arms falling off as I did. Then I I brought my arms out to my side, my hands looked as if I was pulling something heavy up. I slowly raised my arms up, palms to the sky, and as I did, I pulled many poles of the earth up with it, as thick as columns your expect to see holding up a roof and some only as thick as light poles. About 8 of them in front of me. I stopped raising my arms, them almost straight above me, and stood up straight, brushing off some loose pebbles that were falling form my newly risen pillars and getting the dust off my shoulders.

A Kings work was done it seemed. The newly risen 8 pillars were roughly 8 feet tall, and had varying thickness, no slimmer then a lamp pole, and no thicker then a wagon wheel. They served their purpose of pleasing him. His work wasn’t yet finished though he thought. There was still more he wished to brush up on...I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

Back to top Go down
ΩKuan Ti
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
ΩKuan Ti

PostSubject: Re: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Still in the boulder circle, with his newly raised pillars, the King of the Earth Kingdom examined his scene. The ground was covered in pebbles and all sorts of stone that had been knocked apart form the multiple rocks he had destroyed and made in the past few hours. He felt good. Not quite like he did in the days of his youth, but he was once again confidant, fully in his bending. It was important for a bender to feel good in his element, and after being cooped up in the palace with appears and visitors with simple problems he’d grown weary and feared he’d lost his connection with good old mother earth. But now he felt that connection at it’s strongest almost under his bear feet. He curled his toes in the dirt. BINGO! that was his next technique.

He brought his arms in, making first, a half crazed look in his eye and a crooked smile as I slide my feet apart in the dirt into a proper stance. I did what looked like a double fist pump, bringing his arms back to my sides, then making a c on the ground before him with my right foot, then immediately stomping forward with my left. Dust flew up around my leg but more importantly my will was forced through the earth at what I was looking at. 10 meters away, just outside the boulder circle was one of the wooden dummies for training. He was becoming a real training dummy now and no longer sitting there like a useless decoration. A rumble shook the ground for a moment, then a stone spike shot from the ground, still connected, and ripped thought the chest of the dummy at a sideways angle. The crazed grin grew as I stomped forward 3 more times and each time caused more rumbling and soon, within seconds, 3 more stone spikes, sharp enough to easily pierce wood, stabbed through the dummy at different angles all connected to the ground and projecting roughly 5 feet out of the ground.

The now fully pumped full of stone,wooden dummy wasn’t done with his punishment just yet. I bent my knees, pulling my arms back, and jumped high in the air. Landing hard, sending a final spike through the ground with a rumble that could have easily been mistaken for thunder, shaking the pebbles on the ground violently as it went. Then an eruption was heard and seen as a big column like spike, blunt at the tip forced it’s way up from the earth beneath the dummy with great speed and force, destroying the other stone spikes holding the dummy in place and launching stone and the wooden man into the air, only for him to land 15 meters away in a clatter of stone and wood. Multiple stone spikes could still be seen in him...and he ....if he were a person, Kuan was sure would be in even worse shape. The crazy had left me and I stood straight brushing my hands off. All in a days work for a king right? I thought with a smile as I placed a hand on my side and one behind my head grinning widely to myself.

Back to top Go down
ΩKuan Ti
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
ΩKuan Ti

PostSubject: Re: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:01 am

The sun was starting to lower to the west, but there was one last thing I wanted to refresh myself on today. This was a technique that had gotten me form point a to b quickly enough for me to save lives and be the deciding factor in many a battle. Even on some occasions, it had gotten me there to late. None the less, I was going to brush up, and relive some old memories. I wiped sweat from my fore head with the back of my hand, and looked to the sky..”Gods give me strength.”Now looking back at my scene, I focused on a space between two boulders, and began sending my senses and will into the earth. The power he felt form the earth was incredible, solid and stable as always. The sun was still hot and caused beads of sweat to form on his skin all over, even as a breeze swept through the grounds, sending up swirls of dust.

Almost suddenly, out of no where, I moved. A hard look in my eye as I stomped forward with my right foot, throwing my arms back with purpose and willing the earth to move in the way I commanded, thrusting my chest forward as I did it. The ground responded, moving under my feet in an up welling type motion. Lifting me, in my position almost like I was on a moving wave of brown stone earth, I then stepped forward with my left, keeping my chest forward and pushed the wave beneath me, then began taking a few large almost bound like steps, each time pressing the wave beneath me and propelling y forward on this earth wave that rippled and moved me at a high speed forward, swiftly moving between the boulders, back to the open area with 3 remaining wooden dummies. I straightened my body, bringing my legs together and allow the earth to lower me as it continued forward around me much like a wave, exploding rocks past me but with little to no force, merely the carried momentum.

I looked towards the dummies. Time to see if this old dog remembered the old tricks. Movement and having the earth carry me and possibly others, was one thing. But using this in combat was also useful. The test dummies would provide the perfect test for this. The purpose being to push away or clear a path of enemies easily and quickly a simple task of casting my will through the earth towards them. With my hard look still firmly planted on y face, I smashed my foot forward, cracking the earth, and creating a ripple in the earth that grew as it sped away from me an towards the dummies. The wave easily sent the dummies in the air and to the sides, clearing a path, only to smash into bits against one of the walls. Perfect. All seem to work as it should and as memory served. I smirked in approval of the technique and it’s dust being shaken form it. I walked back to the patio and stretched my arms wide. My training for now was done, and I was ready for a nice long nap. I decided even as I was leaning forward to fall into the awaiting arms of the pillows in the shade.

Back to top Go down
ΩKuan Ti
Earth Bender
Earth Bender
ΩKuan Ti

PostSubject: Re: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Now for something more challenging. Springing up with much excitement. A sharp pain in his lower back reminding him of his age as he rose much to quickly. Damn age, he thought. I, Kuan Ti, the Earth King, was getting older. No doubt but what I refused to do was allow that old age to dictate my life! I would press on, like I always have and get better. I was the Damn King!! I would be the best. I shrugged off the pain feeling now passing, and the sleep form his nap. The sun was just atop the tall walls of his training ground. His time was nearly up, but a thought struck him.Yes, that I would need.” I remembered a technique that had been invaluable to me in the times past. As I walked down the dark stone steps I re thought the training, and tuned back. Once again walking down the steps, I had lifted the sturdy wooden table, clearing it of everything and walking out onto the now cooling dirt, still warm form the day. Strolling out about 10 meters form the steps I placed the low table on the ground. Now for the training it’s self.

I knew what I wanted to happen, and how it should look but remembering how to do it really...that was a bit fuzzy. I stepped out into a strong stance, and let my will flow into the earth, and it’s power into me. Always there, reassuring, the earth was a stable power we could always count on. As an earth bender, I often relied on her great power. This was no different, just reaching it would be different. I would never forget how this felt though, the connection with the earth, when I and all other earth benders would be at their strongest. I thrusted my left arm up, bending my elbow so my hand was in a fist before my face, and simultaneously the earth rose quickly in motion with my arm. Then relaxing, I lowed my hand, in n exhale of air slowly, slowly pushing the stone back into the ground, watching as it sank in motion with me. Yes, the earth was no separate from me, it was always a part of me. I then stepped up onto the table, this would be my platform for the grandstand skill I was bringing back into my arsenal. Assuming the same stance, powerful, firm and solid. I was unmovable like a great mountain. Although my power could move mountains. I focused, physically I could not feel the earth anymore, but I knew...in every fiber of my being that it was there. I knew how it felt, and I focused on that now. How the power of the earth called to me, screamed for me to use, but was just beyond my physical touch. My face was set in determination, as I tried to concentrate on the feeling, on the earth that I knew was there. Then I thusted my arms forward, hands open and speared wide. The ground just before the table, rippled, ever so slightly the ripple extending maybe 3 feet way before dying back into the ground.

A Start, but no where near where it should be. I re focused. This time closing my eyes. I not only tried to feel the connection with the earth, but more tried to be the earth. It sounded crazy, even to me. But I was trying to make myself one with the earth, in feeling and sheer will. It would obey me, not just by presence but will as well. As an earth bender i was gifted with the earth’s strength, but I now demanded to be a master of it. My eyes closed, and fists drawn in to my sides. Me senses pulsed as I envisioned my area, and where the earth was and what it would do. This time...there would be no dyeing me. I could feel the earth rumble as my will poured form me, finding it and then, With a shout and a surge of will, my head sweating form the focus and a vein throbbing in my forehead, the earth before me and the table rocked back and then forward in a massive wave, colliding with the wall and with a thunderous impact and scattering of stones as it erupted to pieces, all the walls shook. Breathing a bit heavy I grinned. Yes, now that was the work of a true king. A bender not needing direct connection...was one to be feared. And others not knowing the skilled, well they would be surely surprised to see him use it then. He couldn't wait to surprise them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palace Training Ground   Palace Training Ground Empty

Back to top Go down

Palace Training Ground
Page 1 of 1